NEW YORK, NY, June 22, 2021 /The Kelly Clarkson Show/ — Chef Dontaye Ball took a big risk with an even bigger reward when he started a gumbo restaurant during the pandemic. After losing his job as a tasting chef, he used his late grandmother’s recipe to launch Gumbo Social in San Francisco. What started as a way to allow others to connect and eat gumbo during the pandemic is now a thriving business on its way to having multiple locations. While Kelly and Fortune Feimster gush over a bowl of Dontaye’s delicious gumbo, Dr. Asheli Atkins from Feed the Soul surprises Dontaye by welcoming him into their business development program and awarding him $10,000.
- Single Dad Starts Successful Gumbo Restaurant Amid Pandemic
- Feed the Soul Foundation Awards $250K to Black-Owned Culinary Businesses
- Feed the Soul Foundation Launches Emergency Restaurant Relief Fund for Texas
- Feed the Soul Foundation Celebrates Partnership with Grubhub
- Black Restaurant Week Establishes ‘Feed the Soul Foundation’ In Partnership With Maker’s Mark® Bourbon